Prev: Re: An apology for the unwashed Next: Re: [FMA] [Jon ?] Close combat weapons - two systems ?

Re: An apology for the unwashed Re: Heard at The Local Game Store...

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 15:33:00 -0500
Subject: Re: An apology for the unwashed Re: Heard at The Local Game Store...

The_Beast wrote:
>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 01/25/00 12:57PM >>>
>Can someone write me, in a page or two, a concise, step-by-step
>process to
>get running on a relatively simple scenerio? With plenty direction to
>rules?

You hit a valid point.	The Dirtside rulebook could use improvements to
help
aid the reader to find subject matter and get going faster, such as an
  I suspect something like this was left out due to cost considerations.

Dirtside is not as simple to run as Full Thrust, but I have been able to
get
players (who never really even gamed before) to play for the first time
and
get the basics down after the first game.  As someone already mentioned
it
is best to limit early games to using just the basics which is exactly
what
I have done.  I added more of the optional stuff after they were
comfortable
with the game.

Creating a cheat sheet always helps too.  I have been redoing mine to
try to
fit the basics on a single two-sided sheet just like the ones we use in
FT.
Someone in our gaming group created a bunch of cheat sheets to help, but
only found them more confusing as I had to rumage through several pages
find what I wanted, much like I do with the rulebook.  Making your own
cheat
sheet, just try to combine the game sequence with someoften used items
you
normally check in the book.  Someone else I believe posted they have one

available.  Give it a try.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

Prev: Re: An apology for the unwashed Next: Re: [FMA] [Jon ?] Close combat weapons - two systems ?