Prev: Re: An apology for the unwashed Re: Heard at The Local Game Store... Next: Re: Heard at The Local Game Store...

Re: An apology for the unwashed Re: Heard at The Local Game Store...

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@w...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 14:46:00 -0000
Subject: Re: An apology for the unwashed Re: Heard at The Local Game Store...

> I don't have DSII yet, however, I do have SGII.  One of the things
> mentionned in SGII is that SGII makes use of lessons learned from
> DSII.  Are chits one of the things learned?

I don't know. The chits are used for damage resolution and are, IMO,
quick and easy to use.

> I like SGII, but I keep hearing about these chits and what a
> nuisance they are in DSII.

There's a very vocal minority which hates them. ;-)

> Has anyone done DSII sans chits or chit emulation?

Several people. The fact that they involve computer programmes or
large tables rather proves the point that the chits give a wider
range of results than can easily be acheived with simple dice rolls.

It's just a case of whatever makes people happy really.

	Steve

--
The Society of Fantasy and Science Fiction Wargamers
<http://steve.pugh.net/SFSFW/>

Steve Pugh   <steve@pugh.net>	<http://steve.pugh.net/>

Prev: Re: An apology for the unwashed Re: Heard at The Local Game Store... Next: Re: Heard at The Local Game Store...