Prev: Re: needle hits on drives Next: Re: Slow ships and big guns

Re: Heard at The Local Game Store...

From: agoodall@i... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 05:31:16 GMT
Subject: Re: Heard at The Local Game Store...

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:00:09 -0600, "Mark A. Siefert"
<cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu>
wrote:

>	"Full Thrust 2nd Edition was the greatest space combat game ever
>created, but thoses abortions Stargrunt II and Dirtside II should be
>burned and never published again."
>
>	It was one of the store's owners.

Gee, and stores wonder why online sales and mail order are starting to
hurt
them. If you could find players elsewhere, I would suggest that you
simply buy
the stuff mail order. If not, order the SG2 stuff and ooo and aww at it
when
it comes in.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it's a stupid store owner that
peeves
potential customers. I was the "game guy" at a comic store when I was in
college, and even though we sold a lot of games I didn't care for, I
never
denegrated them. I tried to be inclusive, not exclusive, and we got a
lot of
people trying new stuff.

The munchkins, though, you've talked about before. Munchkins won't like
SG2.
That's pretty much a given. Bet he doesn't like historicals, either.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: needle hits on drives Next: Re: Slow ships and big guns