Prev: Re: Sculpting Miniatures Next: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast

RE: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 15:47:59 EST
Subject: RE: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast

> From: "Andrew Apter" <apter@prodigy.net>
>
>  Beam 5s Steve and Glen have enough problems with my beam 4s.  It
comes down
>  to this; the faster ships gets you to the range you can explot better
than
>  slower ship.  You just have to have a range were you have an
advantage.

>  Andy

Yeah, but the "plinking" game is boring.  But so is losing constantly.
:(

I may try a 5 beamer or a fast 4 beamer until he changes his ways.
I already have a 6 x C4 beam with a M drive of 6 that fires out the side
arcs (FP+AP).  I haven't played with it yet, maybe it's time.

I could look at this a test of various designs against a strong capital
ship.  Which, btw, I decided to write up myself just to see what I
can come up with.  I even made the sillhouttes to match.
Man, do they look nasty.  My "Iowa" class can dish out 45 beam
dice at short range, costs 823 (it even has a "Tomahawk" extended
range SMR).  My "Ohka" class ship to fight it costs 800 and has
32 C2s and 12 PDS.

Glen

Prev: Re: Sculpting Miniatures Next: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast