Prev: FT: detecting fighter types Next: aliens list

RE: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 14:02:49 -0500
Subject: RE: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast

Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 07:42:45 EST
From: GBailey@aol.com

> Have you faced 26 beam dice of damage from one ship?

Only 26? :-)

> Tell me a tactic that works against this.  Cinematic movement.  I know
your
> first response: SMs.	Give me a sample fleet of this and then try one
without
> overdoing the SMs (I try to stay in a Star Trek flavor since I use
those
> miniatures most of the time).
------------------
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzt.

FOrget SM's. Take my fleet from Brian Bell's BYOF game. Thrust 4, mainly
class 5 and 6 beams. Sit a 55" and hit him with 23 dice every turn.
(depending on fleet size - I'm assuming 2500pts CUt it by about 1/3 for
1500
points.) A 56 hull ship (armor + hull) without screens will die after
3-4
turns.	If he sends his "jammers" after you (and any ship with 34 mass
and
SM's is a Frigate, or even a destroyer, not a jammer), divert some beams
and
see how much he likes 36 dice at range 48.

His wallowing tubs won't be able to do a thing about it.

If you want to keep the ST "flavor" then play with PSB. Who says ST
phasers
are the equivalent of C1-C2-C3 beams. The Enterprise (TOS) can
supposedly
lay an entire planetary surface to waste. Sounds like C6 at a minimum to
me...

Noam

Prev: FT: detecting fighter types Next: aliens list