Prev: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast Next: [FT] Plasma Vortex Projector

Fwd: staci & mark Drake: DS2 ideas

From: THE-DRAKE@w... (staci & mark Drake)
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 09:06:29 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Fwd: staci & mark Drake: DS2 ideas

You probably meat to send this to gzg-digest@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU (the
whole list) not just owner-gzg-digest@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU (just me).

	-=- Matthew L. Seidl

------- Forwarded Message

Date:	 Sun, 23 Jan 2000 07:53:15 -0600
From:	 THE-DRAKE@webtv.net (staci & mark Drake)
To:	 owner-gzg-digest@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Subject: DS2 ideas

Listerines,
      After reading the idea for permasmoke I wanted to post some of my
ideas to see if anyone is interested--here goes:

- -Random Events Table--each side assigned specific random Event # where
RE activated :where each side pulls a chit/rolls a die/dice, and if it
matches your assigned RE# (say yellow 3) then a random event
triggered--roll 2 dice to see what event triggered (friendly
reinforcements,artillery strikes,changes in orders,enemy
infiltrators,etc.--where colored die is 10's and white die is
1's)---this idea lifted straight out of Solitaire Advanced Squad
Leader,BTW

- -ROPA/ROP flamethrower--portable grenade launcher firing2 to 4 kg
incendiary grenade out to @200-400 meters;used against terrain/troop
concentrations/soft vehicles--say ALL chits valid and bonus in close
assault? ---this weapon used in Russian military I believe

- -allow crews/teams ranged firefight abilities with small arms, say out
to 100 meters---still need to protect themselves,especially if crewed
weapon out of action,right?

- -allow afv's/vehicles/infantry to engage in direct fire/ranged
firefight
weapons in urban terrain----I do not like the rule currently forbidding
this (p.46-COMBAT IN URBAN AREAS)  as there are numerous examples of
this type of combat being used	in city/urban fighting (Stalingrad
1942,Warsaw 1944,Berlin 1945,Seoul1950,Hue 1968,Grozny 1994 to
present---in everyone of these battles,tanks/afv's lend fire support
through direct fire on buildings/bridges,etc.before/as the infantry go
in---I think this rule is an absolute necessity to have,ESPECIALLY if
one plays using 1"=50meter scale------did I mention that I play Advanced
Squad Leader too?)

- -automatic grenade launchers--similar to AGS-17;direct fire to @1200
meters vs.terrain/soft targets (didnt this appear in an old post,or in
the archives?)

- -direct fire field guns/artillery

- -EMP weapons---air burst weapon that would disrupt electronics over an
area (say small bomb/missile detonates and affects
radar/firecons/communications over X number of meters every direction
from impact)--still working on this as I am not sure how to simulate
effects.

Any comments /suggestions/feedback?  Please let me know as I am still
learning DS2 .

Thanks, 				 Mark Drake

------- End of Forwarded Message

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast Next: [FT] Plasma Vortex Projector