Prev: Re: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs Next: RE: Cygnus fleet exercises (was: tactics vs a slow mover)

Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast

From: BDShatswell@a...
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 22:25:04 EST
Subject: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast

In a message dated 01/20/2000 6:05:22 PM Central Standard Time,
jon@gzg.com
writes:

>  Sorry Guys, but as no-one else has dared comment on this yet I just
HAVE to
>  say something..... anyone else got a mental picture of a (probably
>  japanese) starship surrounded by hordes of missile decoys shaped like
>  little ornamental trees......?
>
>  Jon (GZG), who is up FAR too late for this sort of thing....

I have a picture of that anime series, Tenchi Muyo, in my head.  ;-)

Meanwhile back at the topic. . .
I think everyone else has already said it, but I have a couple pennies
lying
around here.  My favorite two answers to this type of mildly-mobile
bases are
the SMs/fighters approach or the out-beaming approach.	Oerjan laid it
all
out, you can buy more dice with more restricted arcs and use your
maneuvering
thrust to keep him in arc.  Concentrate fire.  Stay out of range of his
C1s
while keeping him in range of your C2s.  Overwhelm him from a distance.
Of
course, in a campaign setting, your fast fleet would dodge right by his
hulks
and attack the real target.

Bill Shatswell

Prev: Re: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs Next: RE: Cygnus fleet exercises (was: tactics vs a slow mover)