Prev: RE: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs Next: Re: over sized walkers

Re: over sized walkers

From: "Scott Case" <tgunner@h...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:40:31 PST
Subject: Re: over sized walkers

>OK maybe I should explain the situation. Nathan, in true gentlemanly
>fashion, is trying to help me out. You see my Dalek army consists of
>what
>the various Dr Who writers have perscribed for Daleks, that is a >heap
of
>Daleks, few VTOL-like hoverbouts, a couple of Dalek tanks and >some
VERY
>big walkers. Needless to say when I ran into Nathan's MDCs >(when they
>finally came out of cover!!!) my walkers toppled and he >systematically

>surrounded the Dalek squads until he had enough >objective chits in his

>hand. One of the added challenges of playing >the "universe's master
race"
>I guess ;)

Ouch! I would love to read that after action report!

I know what you mean- my first army in Dirtside (and it was so long ago
that
I'm not even going to think about the date) was a force that I build
from a
pair of 1/300 scale Battle of Hoth kits. I fielded about 4 AT-ATs, 2
AT-STs,
several teams of imperial snow troopers (with 1 team in three were APSW
teams), and a couple of tanks (the nasty three PPC tank from FASA)- I
wasn't
trying to field a force that would win, just one that looked cool, and
would
be fun to play :)

My opponent simply fielded a mass of conventional tanks (armed with
HELs)
and mech infantry. It was an ugly match for me as you can well guess- I
think over 50% of my force's point total was sunk in the AT-ATs... not
pretty when those things started going "boom" ;)

After that day I always stuck with fairly cheap tanks!

By the way, what did you use for the Daleks?

Scott

Prev: RE: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs Next: Re: over sized walkers