Prev: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast Next: Re: over sized walkers

RE: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:26:26 +1100
Subject: RE: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs

Another option which several players found out is even nastier in vector
movement (sorry Dom, StrayCat) is to mount some cruisers with nova
cannon.
Aim where you think they're moving towards & start firing at 36 MU;
every
turn.  If you arrange your heading right, you don't need to manoeuvre &
will
hit with 2-3 multiturn nova shots before you lose a ship.  Especially if
you
play that they block LOS between ships.

It's not nice, but it will force manouevring.

Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
[mkw] Admiral Peter Rollins; Task Force Zulu
[pirates] Prince Rupert Raspberry; Base Commander