Prev: Re: FT: tactics vs. a slow mover with high arcs Next: RE: Nice work John C!

KV Painting

From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:04:41 -0500
Subject: KV Painting

I believe the TO&E previously referenced is the one I use, in essence,
though with some modifications. I have specific KV rules that I use
successfully in FMA Skirmish and SG2, but I can't post them just yet.
Early
March.

Me and Los reasoned out (with some help from some other Marine
Biologists
whose names shall remain (Beth) unnamed....) some detail about how the
KV
see, how they are put together, how their society might work, etc.

One thing we talked about, and it partially fits my belief that the KV,
like
humans have many skin tones and have spread across multiple terrain
types
during their evolution, and it partially fits the "everyone likes to
paint
them their own way"..... we decided they had quite a range (as Los
mentioned) of skin tones.

Mine hail from colder swamp regions (distinctly inhospitable).

1) Prime black
2) head and other skin areas are "Stone" (a light/medium grey), fangs
are
ivory/yellowed - wash with a thinned dark blue ink - gives contrast and
detail and reinforces the blue/black theme.
3) Guns are dark gunmetal (I have a lighter gunmetal, but I used the
more
black one for their wps)
4) Uniforms for mine vary across the spectrum of mid to dark purples,
with
royal, saphire, and navy blues. Generally dark purple/dark blue.

Keep in mind too, that like humans, their uniforms are probably
*blenders*,
so the colour you paint them merely reflects probably their "work" or
"garrison" style or one possible camo. In combat, they probably blend
with
the terrain and IR signature at hand so as to make the grunties hard to
spot. So they could look like anything, and it would vary from time to
time.

Sometime in the next few weeks, I should have some painted figs up on
the
web. Will post the URL when...

And Los is right. If you want to see some KV, come to Lancaster.
There'll be
a.... *horde*...

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: Re: FT: tactics vs. a slow mover with high arcs Next: RE: Nice work John C!