Prev: Re: over sized walkers Next: KV Painting

Re: FT: tactics vs. a slow mover with high arcs

From: colin.plummer@t...
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:59:06 +0000
Subject: Re: FT: tactics vs. a slow mover with high arcs

Quoting GBailey@aol.com (Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 07:33:42AM -0500)
> Divided forces means divided deaths.
> I have this aversion to one shot weapons.  Submunitions have to get
> within 6 to get maximum effect and also in arc.  I'm terrible at
maneuvering.

I point here is that with many smaller ships, you either overload his
number of fire controls, or he splits his fire so much that the ships
actually
have a chance of survival.  Manuevring isn't hard with this lot.. since
he is
slow - point roughly at him and plan to arrive at high speed within 6"
of him.

Splitting your force in the classic 'pincer' will overload his
multi-arced
weapons, he can't fire both ways at once.  If he has two ships, approach
on
both flanks and the front.

If you don't like this option, the SML/SMR option (tactics for and
against)
has been heavily discussed in the past few weeks.  Take a look in the
archive.

All this advice is of course theoretical, since I don't play that often.

--
Colin Plummer

Prev: Re: over sized walkers Next: KV Painting