Prev: Re: Professionalism and Quality in FT terms (long) Next: Cyber Squad

CC

From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:42:55 -0500
Subject: CC

Adrian wrote (to which my replies are asterisked):

I mostly agree with Tom on this, except I'd make it a bit more
stringent.
You should be allowed to continue with your close assault if:

a) you pass the confidence test to try to overrun the escapees from your
first attack
b) the attack on the new squad is treated as a new Close Combat.  The
attackers must test to see if they can make the assault, and the
defender=
can do all the usual stuff (bug out, shoot up the attackers, etc).

** I figured I'd ignore a and do b because b is a nastier test and a is
not
happening anymore (you aren't chasing the dude... you've found a new
target). Besides, it removes a die roll!

c) the new squad will be contacted by moving, as Tom says, directly
towar=
the escaping troopers AND the distance to the new contact cannot exceed
t=
he
maximum possible movement allowed for the followup, even though this is
being treated as a new Close Combat.  Normally, a charge into CC gives
yo=
a second move if you fail to reach the target in the first move.  In
this
situation, even though it is considered a new CC for the purposes of
mora=
le
for both sides, the attackers can only move as far as they would have
bee=
able to for the initial follow up.

** concur

And make sure that there is a healthy modifier for the attackers
confiden=
ce
test to assault the second squad.  It should be difficult to do this.

** Hmmm. If you've got casualties from the first CC, and the other squad
is
any size, the modifiers are already represented. If you are 20 guys, and
they are 3, it shouldn't be a hard test. Perhaps add a +1 just to
simulate
attacking with some disorganization.

And you can only do this once.	You cannot roll up an entire side of the
board leaping from squad to squad in CC followups....  That should be
obvious, of course, but... ;)

** disagree. Nothing prevents multiple followups across the board. If
you
house rule these down to one, okay I'll agree. If not, apply a
successive +1
to each initiation check - that'll stop it fairly quickly. (ie the first
combat is normal, the second +1, the third +2, etc).

My 0.02 added to Owen and Tom's...=20

** thank you for mostly stating what I meant more clearly.

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: Re: Professionalism and Quality in FT terms (long) Next: Cyber Squad