Prev: Re: A new SG2 Weapon? Next: Re: [OT] Looking for Galoob Star Wars fighters, again

Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 12:16:06 -0700
Subject: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...

>On 13-Jan-00 at 10:25, Samuel Reynolds (reynol@primenet.com) wrote:
>
>> Not to be a wet blanket, but for anyone using opaque black bases,
>> it's very easy to print your own alphanumeric labels as white
>> reversed out of black, and attach them to the bases with  a little
>> watered white glue (which also protects them).
>
>Have you tried this with any other colors?  I'm thinking about
>green on a black background.  I have green, yellow, and red bases
>which I can swap out when I have to use my FSE fleet for both
>sides of a battle.
>
>Roger

Shouldn't be a problem.
Use colored paper--the "neon" paper works well. You can get
small packages at office supply and copy places.

Print "white" letters reversed out of black. That'll give you
colored letters on black. Cut them out, then black out the edges
with a laundry marker (to eliminate ragged white or colored lines
that might otherwise be visible around the edges.

Use thinned white glue (I use Aleene's "Tacky Glue", thinned
50:50 with water). Brush a little glue where you want the label.
Apply the label with tweezers, pressing it down to expel most of
the glue. Use the brush to remove excess glue, brush a little
glue over the label, and let dry overnight.

- Sam
Samuel Reynolds
Spinward Stars: http://www.spinwardstars.com/
Reynolds Virtual Workshop: http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com
samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: A new SG2 Weapon? Next: Re: [OT] Looking for Galoob Star Wars fighters, again