Prev: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions... Next: Re: Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers! Oh My! (was Re: Decals)

Re: OU ships and a hunt for some Battlestar Galactica "ish" fighters

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:04:00 -0500
Subject: Re: OU ships and a hunt for some Battlestar Galactica "ish" fighters

Phillip Atcliffe wrote:
>Minor nit-pick: there were only 5 battlestars at Cimtar, IIRC, and 4
>got fragged. The others (from a non-canonical but generally accepted
>total of 12) had been destroyed over the years or were off raiding
>Gammoray <g>.

That was what was displayed on screen.	After researching what's out
there,
I found several missing links in the chronological order of events from
various BG sources. In one report (alternate script) there was a sixth
battlestar that was not stationed with the five shown.	It was attacked
first and destroyed before the others could be warned.	Some Vipers
(very
few) escaped and came back to warn the fleet.

In total there was one battlestar for every colony, so that makes twelve
of
the original colonies.	In potential ideas for a new BG movie, a 13th
battlestar might exist that was called the Atlantis...a link to Earth,
the
supposedly 13th colony.

>We have reason to believe that the Galactica can carry 150 fighters,
>but that's including a squadron from another ship. From that, and on
>admittedly skimpy evidence, I've concluded that the standard
>complement of
a Battlestar was around 120, in 4 squadrons of thirty -- >with a large
margin of error.

I have seen a variety of specs on this as well, from less than 100 to a
little over.  All the specs for the basestars seem to show, Raider
complement at nearly 2x to 3x a battlestars fighter complement.  I just
model the number of squadrons in FT by one of these ratios.

Interesting note: The battlestars are supposedly over a hundred years
old...
that's some service record, eh?

I will be running two BG events this year at GenCon.  Both are based on
the
The Great War, where the Colonials first go to war with the Cylons.  I
will
also be running more BG events at PentaCon with perhaps macrotures like
what
the Sci-Supply group did with Star Wars at GenCons past...should be very

exciting.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

Prev: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions... Next: Re: Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers! Oh My! (was Re: Decals)