Prev: Re: Galaxy Quest Next: Re: OU ships and a hunt for some Battlestar Galactica "ish" fighters

Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 15:47:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...

>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 01/11/00 04:11PM >>>
>20th Century navies generally use the letter "G" for designating
missile
>ships (as in "DDG") meaning Guided Missile, I believe.  Just so happens

>that's the designation I use as well...

In Traveller and other sci-fi games, I have noticed they have used M for

missile and G for gun.	I guess the assumption is, if you have missiles
they
are guided to begin with.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

Prev: Re: Galaxy Quest Next: Re: OU ships and a hunt for some Battlestar Galactica "ish" fighters