Prev: RE: Ship ID decals, first draft Next: Re: basing for DS II

Re: Decals

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:10:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Decals

Tom Pope wrote:
>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 01/11/00 01:54PM >>>
>I'm guessing those would be from Beacon Publications.	I've got a bunch

>and have
>been generally happy with them.

Sounds right.

>1) They don't undercoat their decals with white.  That means colors
like
>yellow
>   are going to be semi transparent and won't show up well on darker
>   backgrounds.

Have to try and see.

>2) The actual selection is rather uninspired.	Just a few cautions
>arnings
and
>  radiation symbols in their sign package.  They're nicely done, and in

>plenty
>   of different scales, but you're not going to see anything new.

Well it fit the bill as I wanted a lot of some particular styles.  I do
wish
however that they did have more sheets with different styles, but a lot
of
the same per sheet so I don't need to buy a lot of sheets to get one
style I
like.

>We're trying to addrss both of those problems with our decal sets.
Most >f
them
>ill be overprinted on a white background so they'll show up better on
>dark
>colors.  For our set of warning signs, we're going to try and include a

>variety
>of interesting and SF looking additions to the standard set.
>I'll have more in the way of actual examples shortly...

Let me know if you need some field testing. ;-)

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

Prev: RE: Ship ID decals, first draft Next: Re: basing for DS II