Prev: Re: Decals Next: Re: Decals

Re: Decals

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 13:35:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Decals

Tom Pope wrote:
>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 01/11/00 12:52PM
>True, but with a good enough printer (hopefully like the one we've got)

>you can
>get pretty accurate renditions of the house insignia at about 5mm in
>diameter.

>We'll see what the final decals look like, but I'm pretty happy with
the
>samples
>we did...

Tom, Can't wait to see them!

> >The set that I hope will do the best is a set of noseart (everything
from
> >flaming skulls to pinup girls) As far as I can tell, it's never been
done
> >before, and is really a perfect use for the printer.
>
> Much of this can be had from aircraft kits and Squadron as I recall
had
tons
> of decals sheets from a variety of scales with aircraft markings from
all
> eras.  I used some noseart from old WWII aircraft models just for
this.

Really?  I asked around quite a bit for sources of interesting noseart
and
came
up blank every time.  I was told that you could occasionally find
single
image
here or there, but never in any quantity, and never at a small enough
scale
use on a 'mech or 1/300 plane...

Could you tell me more about what you found?  I'd love to take a look at

some of
them...

I try to take a look tonight and let you know.	Their mailers used to
list
all the aircraft decal sheets in fine print over a couple full size
pages so
they had quite a bit.  I know a good portion was likely 1/144, 1/72, and

1/48 as they were the most popular.  Of course some larger scales still
look
good on the minis as they don't always reside on the nose. ;-)

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re