Prev: Re: [FT] fleet colour schemes (picts wanted) (long) Next: Re: (FT) NAC 23rd Raider Group

Re: Decals

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:50:40 -0500
Subject: Re: Decals

Michael T Miserendino wrote:

> Good ideas!  I always loved the insignias from Traveller and there are
also
> a bunch of good ones from the Battletech universe.  I came across some
> Battletech decals a while back, but at the size we're talking there's
not a
> lot of detail.

True, but with a good enough printer (hopefully like the one we've got)
you can
get pretty accurate renditions of the house insignia at about 5mm in
diameter.

We'll see what the final decals look like, but I'm pretty happy with the
samples
we did...

> >The set that I hope will do the best is a set of noseart (everything
from
> >flaming skulls to pinup girls) As far as I can tell, it's never been
done
> >before, and is really a perfect use for the printer.
>
> Much of this can be had from aircraft kits and Squadron as I recall
had tons
> of decals sheets from a variety of scales with aircraft markings from
all
> eras.  I used some noseart from old WWII aircraft models just for
this.

Really?  I asked around quite a bit for sources of interesting noseart
and came
up blank every time.  I was told that you could occasionally find
single image
here or there, but never in any quantity, and never at a small enough
scale to
use on a 'mech or 1/300 plane...

Could you tell me more about what you found?  I'd love to take a look at
some of
them...

Thanks

Tom

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Re: [FT] fleet colour schemes (picts wanted) (long) Next: Re: (FT) NAC 23rd Raider Group