Prev: Re: Heavy Fighter Technology Next: Re: Decals

Re: [FT] fleet colour schemes (picts wanted) (long)

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:50:08 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] fleet colour schemes (picts wanted) (long)

NI Fleet paint scheme:

- General: Dark blue,  light blue highlights, white markings (symbols
and
letters), some gold or silver metal panels
- Capitals (Larger than BC) and carriers are designated by color rather
than
letter. The three CV's are Blue, Red, and Green.
- Other color variations exist, possibly marking subclasses (Green
frigate,
yellow corvette, red light carrier). Occasional ships have stylized
patterning to mark some distinguishing accomplishment or milestone.
- Fighters vary in color and design by squadron.

Painting method:
1) Spray black primer (Armory brand)
2) Drybrush dark blue (It's flat navy or sea blue or something) My color
paints are all Testors.
3) Drybrush (very dry, very light) sky blue for highlighting
4) Letters, panels, lights, guns, engines to taste (I gofor white,
silver/gold, yellow-white, metal or black, and red respectively
5) Clearcoat matte spray finish. (Forgot the brand)

You can see the scheme and its variations on the NI homepage.

Look for the Fleet link and the Gallery link.

Noam

Prev: Re: Heavy Fighter Technology Next: Re: Decals