Prev: Re: [FT] How screens work (was Re: UNSC designs) Next: Re: OU ships and a hunt for some Battlestar Galactica "ish" fighters

Re: Future History for Japan

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:28:41 +1000
Subject: Re: Future History for Japan

Edward Lipsett wrote:

> Playing FT here in Japan, I have felt a need for a more detailed
history
> of what Japan is doing.

> If anyone has any information, I'd sure love to hear about it.

The only mentions of Japan re the OU are as follows:

Some Funny Stuff went down during the immediate discovery of FTL. It's
known some joint OU/Japanese expeditions were mounted far earlier than
most people realise, and that they've gone further than the UN would
like. But without colonist backup, just surveying missions, and mostly
to  unlikely-looking M-class stars. At least one of which "Harry's
Ghetto" was named by a mistransaltion from Japanese.

Japan is a major trading partner with the OU, in fact, the biggest. A
significant proportion of the OU's exports are Gravitic motors for
Kawasaki-Shimbun gravbikes.

Japan has a number of Industrial R&D bases in OU M-class systems.
Usually industrial or hi-tech agricultural, but sometimes not. In any
event, well off the beaten track, and good targets for covert ops. But
they tend to be well guarded, even the harmless ones.

Finally, Japan may or may not own Hawaii. I think at last count it did.

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo