Prev: Re: Digest crashes my email software Next: Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers...

Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers...

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 22:44:40 EST
Subject: Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers...

In a message dated 1/10/00 8:58:34 PM Central Standard Time,
ias@sprintmail.com writes:

<< I know of several officers in the US Army
 who subscribe to the Proceedings, so it is geared to far more than
students
of
 bellicose naval sciences.

How firmly was your cheek attached to your tongue? "Bellicose
bel*li*cose (adjective)

[Middle English, from Latin bellicosus, from bellicus of war, from
bellum
war]

First appeared 15th Century

 : favoring or inclined to start quarrels or wars

 synonym see BELLIGERENT

 -- bel*li*cos*i*ty (noun)
What would interest a naval officer more than "bellicose" naval
sciences?

Prev: Re: Digest crashes my email software Next: Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers...