Prev: Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers... Next: Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers...

Re: Digest crashes my email software

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:24:47 +1300
Subject: Re: Digest crashes my email software

Ted wrote:
> Hi, wondering if someone could help me.  Occasionally my email program
crashes when I try to open the email message which contains the GZG
Mailing
List Digest. Eudora, the program I use, just hung up and I got a "No
Response" error from Windows when I tried to open the message that's
Digest
#653.  This isn't the first time I've had this happen, and it only
happens
with the digest!  Any suggestions?

I can only suggest running ScanDisk, or trying a different mail program.

Alternatively, use REBOL or your favourite scripting language to read
the
file, and convert it to text.

It's also possible that the email is HTML of some weird type that
requires a
special language to understand? That happened to me just a few hours
ago.

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169
Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
-><-

Prev: Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers... Next: Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers...