Prev: Re: UNSC designs Next: Re: [FT] Crew Professionalism and Ship Quality (longish)

Re: [FT] Crew Professionalism and Ship Quality

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 01:10:46 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
Subject: Re: [FT] Crew Professionalism and Ship Quality

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Laserlight wrote:

> >Okay, that does it. Jack Old Ron is now my Official Favorite
> Character in
> >the GZG Universe (Fan Division). Where'd you get the character
> idea (and
> >the name)?
>
> The character idea came from having to have a low end for the
> Alarishi sovereignities' populations--the obvious low end is one
> person.

the obvious low end, but not the actual low end. how about a sovereignty
with a population of zero? i am not familiar with the details of the
Alarishi constitution, but would it not be possible to have an empty
sovereignty? one that was set up by a non-zero number of people, all of
whom subsequently died or emigrated. this leaves an empty sov; it would
not stop existing, because by then, it would be enmeshed in the System -
it could still trade and communicate, it's just that none of the people
who ran it would be citizens of it; they would be citizens of other
sovs,
and would either be resident aliens, or would run things remotely. the
sov
might not even have a physical location. if this isn't too offensive, i
wouldn't mind drawing in some details.

peace,
tom

Prev: Re: UNSC designs Next: Re: [FT] Crew Professionalism and Ship Quality (longish)