Prev: RE: SG II: Close Assault Next: Re: [FT] Miniatures

RE: SG II: Close Assault

From: Cleats Balentine <kevinbalentine@y...>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 07:39:46 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: SG II: Close Assault

That's the exact problem I have. I have a "dedicated"
close assault power armor unit, but everytime they
make their charge, the enemy wisely backs up six
inches and blasts me at close range in his next
activation.

The only real use I see for close assault is if my
opponent has a piece of real estate I need, I can do a
close assault to get him to clear out.

Then, if I have a squad of riflemen in a support
position (like I should), I can activate them after he
clears out of the cover and do some damage.

Then again, he could always choose to stand and fight
…

Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 12:29:20 +1100
From: "Robertson, Brendan"
<Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au>

Yes, No.
Although you should make it a rule that they can't
voluntarily withdraw
if
suppressed, otherwise you will NEVER get a unit into
close combat.  (a
problem I have had in the past).

Neath Southern Skies -
http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
[mkw] Admiral Peter Rollins; Task Force Zulu