Prev: Re: Time/Space scale Next: RE: FT Ship Generation

RE: [FT] Screen Value (Shields)

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 09:25:53 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] Screen Value (Shields)

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@dscc.dla.mil>

> I am looking at an experimental species that has ablative shields.
That is
> screens that provide a set amount of protection each TURN until the
> generator is destroyed.

This is almost indistinguishable from Armor, except I assume you want
the
protection to 'regenerate' each turn. You could approach it like a
variation
on armor:

Shield:
2 mass/6pts(or 3mass/9pts) per shield generator, Each generator provides
two
shield points.
Shields act as armor, one point of shield can be regenerated each turn
by
every generator.

Ablative energy screen only could mass and/or cost less.

Noam

Prev: Re: Time/Space scale Next: RE: FT Ship Generation