Prev: Re: Martyrs and Atrocities Next: Re: Twas the night before Christmas... 2 variants plus a memo

Re: Battle report - scratch one more NSL task force

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 09:10:02 +1000
Subject: Re: Battle report - scratch one more NSL task force

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Title says it all, really :-/
>
> Cinematic battle, theoretically floating table (though we didn't need
> to use that option). Core systems and ship morale were not used.
>
> This time the fleets were:
>
> NSL:
> 3 Maria von Burgund-class BB
> 2 Radetzky-class CE
> 3 Kronprinz Wilhelm/E-class CLE
> 5 Waldburg/M-class DDG
> 14 Falke-class SC
> Total: 2998 pts
>
> FSE:
> 1 Bologna-class CVL (4 Interceptor sqdns)
> 2 Roma-class BB
> 3 Jerez-class CA
> 8 Ibiza-class FF
> 8 Mistral/A-class SC
> Total: 2997 pts

> This battle was a lot more even than the last one and could probably
> have gone the other way if the NSL had had somewhat better luck with
> their PDS rolls (eg, not rolling all their sixes against one single
> salvo and leaving the others almost untouched <g>), or brought normal
> DDs instead of the DDGs - that'd've provided some much-needed beam
> firepower and made my interceptors worthless.

Sounds as if he didn't use his CLs as BJs (which you may have to do in
extremis - at least one of the Marias must be preserved). OTOH you've
proved your point. My contention was that a balanced fleet using BJs are
a sovereign remedy against any balanced FSE fleet under these
circumstances, whereas you've shown that it can lead to a fair fight.
Thanks.

Merry Christmas.

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: Martyrs and Atrocities Next: Re: Twas the night before Christmas... 2 variants plus a memo