Prev: RE: GDP/Pop conversion and Ghurkas in 2180s Next: HAPPY XMAS!

Re: FT: Transporting minis

From: "Espen Sortland" <Espen.Sortland@n...>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:50:22 +0100
Subject: Re: FT: Transporting minis

> Ted Arlauskas <ted@naxera.com> 12/21 2:32 am
>
> Hey, here's a question for you FT gamers -
> how do you transport/store your fleet?  I've
> superglued my FT ships to their metal stands.
> They flop over if I carry them in a box and I'm
> not too keen on laying them down sideways...

A couple of weeks ago the local gaming store got the new
box/suitcase from Games Workshop. Inside there are three
foam layers of 4x9 compartments that you can fit smaller ships
lying down (metal bases). The width of the compartment is a
little smaller than the size of the base so it stays put. My FSE
fleet with ships up to light cruisers occupies 1 compartment;
escort cruisers to battleships occupy 1.5 to 2. The other capital
ships are so wide that I had to cut out the bottom of one of the
foam layers. With some cutting to fit the ships they stay nice
and secure in place.

The case in itself is of thin/medium plastic. It has the GW eagle
logo on the front cover, along with the "GAMES WORKSHOP"
text. These 2 facts are by themselves almost enough to keep
people from buying it. But I have found it to be rather nice.

I'm waiting delivery of a NSL fleet so I'm not 100% sure how it
will work with the tall/thin NSL's.

Regards,
Espen Sortland

This email and any files transmitted with it  has been swept by

Prev: RE: GDP/Pop conversion and Ghurkas in 2180s Next: HAPPY XMAS!