Prev: Re: GDP/Pop conversion and Ghurkas in 2180s Next: Re: FT: Transporting minis

RE: GDP/Pop conversion and Ghurkas in 2180s

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 20:56:44 +1000
Subject: RE: GDP/Pop conversion and Ghurkas in 2180s

Some BIG Snips below.

Concerning the Ghurkas; it may be worth considering that the Ghurka's as
"Ghurka's" have been so, predominantly due to the tradition of their
service
with the British Army. I think you may find that though 'posted' to
Brunei
that all the unit officers are still British. If a percentage go to the
ESU
then I would be inclined to suggest that they would be Nepalese troops
rather than the traditional Ghurka as such. The traditions would likely
not
be appreciated by the new 'masters' and although they may retain a
fierce
reputation it would likely change from what we have come to know as
Ghurka.

But that's my opinion....

Owen G