Prev: Re: Where to buy Piano wire (in US) Next: Re: safe jumps

Re: Medtech 2180, III

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 19:21:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Medtech 2180, III

(snip lots)

>IAll the other countries in the world centuries later and with tech
>advanced way beyond anyones wildest imagination are still have
manpower as
>their cheapest commodity and have demonstarted their willingness to
throw
>away humnas in large quantities.

Witness the Iran-Iraq War, where apparently no one ever learned about
WW One.

If you regard your citizens as expendable, you have a lot of options.
I understand Syria is teaching its kids, in school, that being a
martyr is a great thing and walking into an Israeli building or street
with a dynamite vest counts for making you a martyr.  Okay,
maybe--maybe!--a lot of the young impressionable kids who hear this
from authority figures on a regular basis still won't go along with
it, but what if one tenth of one percent of one year's worth of
schoolchildren believe and are willing to act on it?  Okay, now to be
a little more organized, say you ask for volunteers to be carry a
biowar package into Washington, or a suitcase nuke into Norfolk?
Think you might find one?  That's all it takes. You don't need clones
when you indoctrinate your citizenry instead.

"Yeah, but that doesn't make spec-op troops"

Los, would you say your unit has ever gone begging to find guys who
wanted to be part of whatever group of high-grade soldiers you belong
to?  ("Qualify" is a different story). I know we've got a fair number
of SEALs in my neighborhood, and I know guys who work 6 hours a day
for months, in addition to their regular jobs, training on the hope
they'll get a chance to apply for a SEAL slot.

Now let's take a militant government and send recruiters and Special
Forces troopers and Republican Guards and so forth, visiting every
grade in every school once a month.  Instead of football and
basketball, promote ROTC as fervently.	Think you'd  get enough
volunteers?

(Not that the Islamic Federation would do _any_ of this.  Really).

Prev: Re: Where to buy Piano wire (in US) Next: Re: safe jumps