Prev: Re: Been quiet? Next: Re: Medtch 2180

Re: Archives

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 12:01:15 -0500
Subject: Re: Archives

Hi folks,

I'm on vacation at the moment, which is why I've been slow
in responding to this thread...

Anyways.... right now, I save all the files using the
Netscape mail filter (ugh), then run it through a bunch
of perl scripts to build indicies and such.  I do a final
check for accuracy, and then publish the whole thing to
the external website.

I've thought of a way to completely automate the
process, but I need the time to code it, which,
unfortunately, I don't have.  And, admittedly, what I've
done is a hack.  I'm not proud of it, but it works.  (8-)

I can't automate it with the freeware stuff I've seen
out there... odd firewall policies means we have stuff
flying hither and tither, which is why it was easier
to just use Netscape two years ago, and I've been a victim
of that design decision ever since.  (8-)

I usually update once a week, but given the glut of
stuff that they've given me, I was going semi-monthly
for a while there.  I'll do an update as soon as I get
back from vacation, on Dec. 29th, assuming that my
Inbox hasn't exploded... (8-(

J.
--
*** Jerry Han - jhan@icom.ca - http://people.canoe.ca/jhan ***
    "So I'm lying here, just staring at the ceiling tiles,

Prev: Re: Been quiet? Next: Re: Medtch 2180