Prev: re: RE: Card Draws and Fleet Admirals Next: re: Interdictors ?

Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:22:30 -0500
Subject: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

<msarno@ptdprolog.net>
> wrote:
>
> >    Allan, that really doesn't address the problem, though.	We've
been talking about
> >ways to get around the AUTOMATIC suppression of a sniper's target.
>
> Oops. That's what I get for reading the list when I have a bad head
cold! *L*

> I thought the problem was whether automatic suppression could occur
beyond the
> furthest range band.

    No worries.  We STARTED with that discussion, but for the past few
days have been
talking about the automatic suppression effect.

> I really don't have a problem with the automatic suppression. Based on
what
> I've read about World War 2 combat, it seems reasonable.

    I just don't like anything being a "sure thing" in my wargames.
That's why I
personally don't like the automatic suppression.  That's why we ignore
the "automatic"
suppression if the range die roll exceeds the sniper's highest roll by
at least double.
That way, the sniper can really screw up, and nothing is guaranteed.

> But don't mind me... it's the Dristan talking! *L*

    I hope you get better soon.  Either that or upgrade to codeine. <g>

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"No nation should put the burden of war
 on its military forces alone."
 -General William C. Westmoreland,
		  US Army, retired

Prev: re: RE: Card Draws and Fleet Admirals Next: re: Interdictors ?