Prev: Re: Archives Next: RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

From: "Steve Gill" <Steve@c...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 17:25:54 -0000
Subject: RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

Roger Books wrote:

> You know, I don't think a sniper would get a suppression with a laser
> unless he hit something.  It's hard to suppress someone who doesn't
> realize they've been shot at.

Interesting point. Even if he did hit there's not much chance of getting
suppression on a unit unless there's some pretty spectacular special
effects
when the target gets hit.

With a modern day rifle there's all that blood and stuff to let people
know
that it's dangerous, and a far away report to let you know how far away
the
shooter really was. If all you've got is young Timmy quietly falling
over
there isn't anything to cause the need to hit cover.

> Of course, there's always the lasers designed to make noise.

Which implies a sniper laser has to be tweaked to make sure it causes
special
effects in order to be efficient.

---
Steve Gill
Steve@caws.demon.co.uk
http://www.caws.demon.co.uk/

Prev: Re: Archives Next: RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game