Prev: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game Next: RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

Re: Archives

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:29:08 -0700
Subject: Re: Archives

I'd be willing to host an automated archive system (and have the unix
box and disk to do it), but it would have to be really automated.
Like takes in a message and the rest (index, update the web pages,
etc) automatically.  If you've got something like that (and it running
in perl or some other language that isn't computer specific), I'd love
to hear about it.  I've got a couple other lists that could use it,
and I'm in the process of radically expanding the amount of disk I
have for the majordomo fed archives.

	-=- Matthew L. Seidl
	    Friendly neighborhood list admin

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:45:05 -0500 (EST), Roger Books writes:
>On 15-Dec-99 at 10:42, Guests who kill talk show hosts .. On the last
Geraldo
>(KOCHTE@stsci.edu) wrote: > >The ones on
>> >
>> >http://people.canoe.ca/jhan/ft/Archive/home.html
>>
>> I think Jerry's typically a week or two behind as he concatenates and
>> compiles things together. I know that lately (and moreso currently)
>> he has been swamped-busy, much like I've been feeling, and his update
>> times may be delayed because of this (last I checked he had gotten a
>> promotion, made head of a department, but had zero help under him, so
>> is being both manager-type and grunt at the same time).
>>
>> Mk
>
>Better than what they do here, there is a tendancy to move the
>responsibilities to someone lower down and then remove the
>higher position.
>
>So this isn't automatic?  I would be willing to donate a set of
>perl scripts to do this from the digests if anyone is willing
>to host it (unfortunately I can't).
>
>Oh, Unix of course.
>
>Roger

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game Next: RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game