Prev: Re: New 3D images Next: RE: [DS] Daleks (x-list)

Re: [FH] Great Powers Revised

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 14:31:18 +1000
Subject: Re: [FH] Great Powers Revised

G'day,

>These are the >> 1988 << figures for the areas which will later become
>the powers listed. That explain a lot?

Ahh its suddenly a lot clearer thanks ;)

>		  Pop			  GDP
>NAC	     685.6		   5,848.1
>ESU	     2,183.5		 1,853.7
>FSE	     189.4		   1,320.5
>NSL	     123.1		   1,139.0
>IF		422.9		      546.4
>PAU	     469.2		   241.1
>IC		527.2		      235.0
>Japan	   124			   2400
>OU	    23.7		     219.4
>FCT	     40.0		     212.4
>Israel       4.4		       27

Given what these are I guess there as good a start as any (if you're
going
to start anywhere it may as well be there, any reason you didn't use the
CIA worldbook though, its a bit more current?). However as you point out
its only a rough guide for 2 centuries into the future, so I think we'd
all
do well to be careful about proportionality statements - I think you'd
find
off world colonisation benefiting NAC/FSE etc disproportionally more
than
the ESU for instance.

I was about to say "have fun populating", but after my last effort I
think
you guys have the wrong impression of me already ;)
Thus I'll stick with the much more lady-like "Have fun".

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: New 3D images Next: RE: [DS] Daleks (x-list)