Prev: Re: SMLs/The GZG Digest V1 #608 Next: Re: SM battle report - "Death of the Decoys"

Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

From: Cleats Balentine <kevinbalentine@y...>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 06:46:27 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

I really must take exception with Owen's inference
that using a sniper to get suppressions goes against
the 'spirit of the game.'

In a scenario my group was playing, my platoon was
charged with blunting a large recon patrol while a
counter attack was forming.

One of my objectives was to 'slow,' i.e. suppress, as
many attacking units as possible. So, if I needed to
pin down a squad at the edge of a heavy forest, you're
right, I would have my sniper put a round over their
heads to make them, "keep their heads down."

Even if he couldn't get a kill, he might save the butt
of one of his buddies by limiting that squads options.

Thanks anyway.
Kevin

Prev: Re: SMLs/The GZG Digest V1 #608 Next: Re: SM battle report - "Death of the Decoys"