Prev: RE: the great SM debate Next: Re: [FH] Great Powers

[FH] Great Powers

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 22:24:39 -0500
Subject: [FH] Great Powers

	     Pop	      GDP	  ActMen     MilBud
NAC	 809.6	      $8238.1	   4193     $323993
ESU	2141.6	    $1734.9	 8032	     114858
FSE	165.2	      $1174.5	   1289 	 40225
NSL	123.1	      $1139	    1076	  35756
IF	   370.7	  $493		 4018	       56570
PAU	468.1	      $239.9	     890.2	    7019
IC	   527.2	 $235		2283	      10015
OU	   23.7 	$219.4		  90		 5330

Population in millions, GDP in billions, available military manpower
in thousands, military budget in millions.

I took data from Jim Dunnigan's How To Make War, 1988 edition IIRC.

NAC includes UK, Japan,  plus all of North & South America except the
Caribbean Islands, Texas and California (FCT would have a population
40 and GDP 212--I subtracted that from the NAC numbers).

ESU includes Russia (except my guesstimate of RH share), China, India
Czechoslovakia Poland N Korea Sri Lanka Nepal Mongolia Mauritius
Maldives Bhutan

FSE includes France Italy Spain Portugal Luxembourg Malta

IC includes Indonesia Thailand Philippines Malaysia Singapore
Bangladesh Vietnam Burma Kampuchea Laos

IF includes Saudi Iran Algeria Pakistan UAE Iraq Egypt Kuwait Libya
Syria Morocco Oman Qatar Tunisia Sudan Jordan  Bahrain Lebanon N Yemen
Afghanistan S Yemen

NSL includes Germany Yugoslavia Hungary Austria Albania

PAU covers all Africa except what IF has

RH has some of Russia plus Romania and Bulgaria (this book was written
pre-"collapse of the USSR" so it doesn't list, say, Ukraine
separately)

Main neutrals that I didn't know where to put are S Korea Taiwan
Belgium Turkey Greece Ireland

Obviously this doesn't account for wars and such--I imagine the
Pacification of America, followed by the Wars of the Americas, would
have reduced the NAC's economy compared to the rest of the world, for
example.

--Chris  DeBoe
Quixtar IBO#706882
http://www.quixtar.com

Prev: RE: the great SM debate Next: Re: [FH] Great Powers