Prev: RE: Beth's emines and Heavy Beams....... Next: Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers

Re: Boarding combat

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 06:55:41 +0100
Subject: Re: Boarding combat

Ryan M Gill wrote:

> An NAC Gator Carrier pulls up next to an FSE Carrier that has no fire

> cons and no thrust. What are you going to expect? I'd expect to see
jar
> heads in charge of an FSE capital ship and wiping the decks with the
> Frogs.

The situation you describe sounds like a vanilla FSE carrier which has
taken enough damage to lose FCs and engines (probably 2-3 threshold
checks, so has lost about 75% of its CF already... and it probably
didn't have enough marines to make up 1 BF even at the start of the
battle) is boarded by a specialized boarding vessel carrying 18+ marine
BFs.

Pretty heavily stacked in favour of the NAC, even without any modified
die rolls for the marines :-/

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: RE: Beth's emines and Heavy Beams....... Next: Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers