Prev: RE: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers Next: RE: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers

RE: Too easy

From: Aron_Clark@d...
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 08:26:07 -0800
Subject: RE: Too easy

Ah, thanks be to the FAQ.  Seems that by using one FCS to launch each MT
missle
provides a balancing factor to the "Ha ha, I've just launched 56 MT
Missles at
your head . . . suck it up baby".  I'm currently using MT missles in a
pbem game
I've had the pleasure to be involved in.  Though I don't have any
dedicated
"missle boats", rather the MT missle is used in a long range / support
role.
The fleet has maybe 8 of theses MTM, and I've found them to be fairly
effective.

Maybe not as effective as an oppenets 2 Nova Cannons . . . yuck ;)
Play the game

"Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@Smallworld.co.uk> on 12/06/99 11:53:10 PM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

To:   gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Aron Clark/AM/Avid)

>No!   All MT missiles may be launched on the same turn from the
>same ship.   Any system that requires a dedicated FCS for use
>is specified in the rules.  (Needle and Pulse Torps.)

FAQ says:

Do missiles require a Firecon?
Yes, one firecon must be allocated during the missile launch phase.
The firecon can be used again for direct fire weapons in the same turn,
this is to prevent the need to track which firecons have been used.

same rule applies to SML's

You could add a 'house rule' that the FCS was per target (like PT's)
so youcould limit the number of targets a single ship could launch at.
One FCS per warhead is quite restrictive YMMV.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: RE: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers Next: RE: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers