Prev: GZG MSN Community Next: Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers

Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 22:33:46 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers

>I've found SMLs to be almost completely innefective vs Banzai
Jammers -
>ie 28 pt craft which flock around the Big Boys to absorb the 5-6 SMLs
>that otherwise home in on it.
>
>Now this may be a good thing. Or not.

Oh, definitely not.  Otherwise there'd be banzai jammers attached to
every single ship and no one would carry SMR's.

>One possibility is that at launch, the firer declares all of the SMLs
>fired this turn as being either "normal" or "reduced gain".

Why not allow this choice for every salvo (aside from complexity)?
I agree with the basic idea but I'm not quite happy with the
implementation.  Let me think about it...

(SFX: grinding gears, sputtering engine, oily smoke)

Prev: GZG MSN Community Next: Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers