Prev: Re: Way OT :o) S & C Tech levels compared. Next: Re: Way OT :o) Stealth and Countermeasures...

Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW SHIPS....

From: "I completely agree with you. If the plan fails, we punch faces." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 09:52:04 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW SHIPS....

Jon wrote:

>We've just got the remainder of the UNSC fleet finished and moulded, no
>pics yet, because I haven't even had time to assemble display ones of
most
>of them! Hopefully that will be done and some pics taken sometime in
the
>coming week.
>All of these models are now in production and available from us in the
UK.
>GeoHex and Eureka will both have masters soon.

Woohoo!

>This is a COMPLETE listing of the UNSC line, including the ones already
>announced - the newest releases are marked. You'll notice that the new
ones
>don't even have class names yet - as usual, suggestions are welcome!

One suggestion I have is the Glacier class. I was thinking for an
escort-sized cruiser, but if you have a battlecruiser or light
carrier...  ;-)

>FT-1115	UNSC Deeprange Explorer 		4.95	NEW

Oh, keeeennn. I suggest the Shackleton class (for those who don't know,
go to your nearest library or bookstore and pick up the book "Endurance"
by Alfred Lansing; it's about Ernest Shackleton's expedition to the
Antartic back in 1914, how he and his crew were stranded, their ship,
the Endurance, destroyed, and how they managed to live for *2* *years*
down there - and not one man was lost!).

Yeah, I know it's not a geographical/geological feature, but for a
deeprange
explorer...I think a break from the naming scheme to go to explorers of
our
time (or whenever ;) would be appropriate. Names could be explorers of
Earth,
space, other planets, or they could be also scientists exploring
whatever
field of expertise they are studying (medicine, physics, astronomy - you
know
I had to throw that one in ;) - biology, chemistry, medical, etc)

Or maybe call it the Indy class (after Indiana Jones! ;-)

Mk
-
Dr T: "I'm speechless"

Indy: "No you're not; you're still talking"

Prev: Re: Way OT :o) S & C Tech levels compared. Next: Re: Way OT :o) Stealth and Countermeasures...