Prev: Re: Way OT :o) Stealth and Countermeasures... Next: Re: Way OT :o) S & C Tech levels compared.

Re: Way OT :o) Stealth and Countermeasures...

From: ShldWulf@a...
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 09:28:33 EST
Subject: Re: Way OT :o) Stealth and Countermeasures...

>I haven't had the time to go to the library and do Jane's dump in about
>a year and a half.  I would not be a bit surprised if the ALRAAM
project
>got started because of the in ability to develop an extended range
>AMRAAM that will fit into an F-22's weapons bays.

I don't think so. I've been hearing about ALRAAM for about 10 years off
and
on. Mostly off :o) There seems to be a real scizophrenia about long
range air
intercept missiles :o)

My first base was Eglin (Weapons) test side, which is where I first
heard of
it. About the same time somone decided to call the AIM-7 replacment the
"AMRAAM."

(Ouch, that's dateing myself :o)

randy

Prev: Re: Way OT :o) Stealth and Countermeasures... Next: Re: Way OT :o) S & C Tech levels compared.