Prev: RE: Ortillery platforms Next: Re: Arty

Re: GEVs

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 14:37:09 +1000
Subject: Re: GEVs

kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca wrote:

> The GEV of 2183 will
>
> A) use a limited form of vectored thrust and maybe skirts to enhance
> the effect but can use thrust alone for limited periods to transit
> from hills to flats - and the thrust from a turbine parallel to the
> hillside WILL push a GEV up a hill

Um. I've always supposed that the solution from 1983 would work. That
is, a set of small, retractable treads on the skirt edge. Also used with
differential braking for rapid turns. Very similar to many vehicles in
service now (eg BRDM) which run on 4 wheels, with another 4 (usually
solid metal not tyred) which can be lowered to cover rough ground.

Exit the need for extreme performance power packs etc. Just requires a
bit of lateral thinking, rather than vertical :)

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: RE: Ortillery platforms Next: Re: Arty