Prev: Re: Stealth and Countermeasures... Next: Re: Stealth and Countermeasures...

Re: Stealth and Countermeasures...

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 20:11:33 -0500
Subject: Re: Stealth and Countermeasures...

Ryan M Gill wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Craig Summers wrote:
> >
> > What if the ASM is a SunBurn ?
> >
> > A full debate with advocates of both sides in the BB argument has
> been
> > done
> > on s.m.n . IMHO the BB came out badly. See it on Dejanews.
>
> Or one of those really nice heavyweight toprs the british still have
> around. The General Belgrano was fairly heavily armed. She (or do the
> argies use he like the germans?) went down quite fast when a few of
> those
> slammed into her side.
>
> The New Aussie/Kiwi under the keel detonating torps are also quite
> nasty.

Torpedeos have always been out there.  Iowa's were designed to resist
torpedoe damage.  While the torpedeo may get lucky (aka Bismark) that is
no gareentee.  I would hate to think what one of those torps would do to
thin skinned fire support ship you suggest and the USN is considering...

IAS

Prev: Re: Stealth and Countermeasures... Next: Re: Stealth and Countermeasures...