Prev: Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!] Next: Re: Stealth and Countermeasures...

Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!]

From: Ludo Toen <Ludo.Toen@p...>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 18:03:13 +0100
Subject: Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!]

Imre A. Szabo wrote:

> That's probably why the Chinese picked the SU-27.  It has by far the
> largest radome then any other fighter.  I would be surprised if they
> couldn't get it to fit into a SU-27's huge nose.

Maybe we're just way ahead in miniaturisation?

> Yes, the Chinese really do have 15,000 Mig 21's.

And my squadron has some 10 jeeps at its disposal. Seven of them are in
the motor pool for repairs though. And they don't even have the age or
sloppy production of Soviet style equipment. Last month we had some
Chzech AF officers over at our base and after hearing them telling about
the state of their forces...

> We'll maybe well just have to re-open the second TLAM planet

The mandatory Full Thrust reference, no doubt ;-)

Ludo Toen