Prev: Re: SG2/DS2 artillery Next: Re: A good altitude for Ortillery? Math and astrophysics guys helpout

Just what will we see on the GZGVerse battlefield?

From: Michael Brown <mwbrown@v...>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 21:01:53 -0800
Subject: Just what will we see on the GZGVerse battlefield?

After slogging through the SG/DS stuff, I think we need to set some
perspective
on just what will confront the lads once they are on the ground.  Think
about
what systems will be available on a colony 30-50 years old.  Will they
have any
heavy industry?  How much will be devoted to armaments?  Does the colony
have
the raw materials/means of production to make anything more than small
arms?

What I see is only the regulars will have anything approaching armor and

artillery.  The numbers are limited by shipping.  Battles in the Inner
Sphere
or on Earth would see the full gamut of weapons systems, but colonies /
independents would have the last war's equipment (Surplus/hand me downs)

instead of "Low tech".	It is just not cost effective in terms of
shipping or
production. When a colony can afford (is allowed?) to arm, they will
probably
want to get the most bang for the buck.

My vision is full combined arms teams of regulars against well motivated
or
numerous infantry (militia), or small task forces of regulars fighting
over key
objectives (spaceport, mines, alien artifacts...).

FWIW

Michael Brown

Prev: Re: SG2/DS2 artillery Next: Re: A good altitude for Ortillery? Math and astrophysics guys helpout