Prev: Re: Bad Gen Con News. Next: A new heartland con? Re: Gen Con - a Canadian thought

RE: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!]

From: "Steve Gill" <Steve@c...>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:12:38 -0000
Subject: RE: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!]

Ryan M Gill wrote:

> Just because the chinese have a slightly more effective system at
> detecting air craft, doesn''t mean its going to make the whole force
> vulnerable. It was never invulnerable. Stealth reduces the ability to
> detect a target. It doesn't make it invisible. The news heads are too
> focused on the black or white concept of stealth. Its not
> Visible/invisible. Its shades of grey. I also wonder how effective it
> really is on the battle field.

Having watched missile batteries tracking F117s I don't think stealth is
that
much use on the battlefield. Where it currently appears to be most
useful is
for strikes into enemy areas if the enemy aren't that technologically
advanced.

---
Steve Gill
Steve@caws.demon.co.uk
http://www.caws.demon.co.uk/

Prev: Re: Bad Gen Con News. Next: A new heartland con? Re: Gen Con - a Canadian thought