Prev: Re: Ainsty INAPs Next: Re: FB Ship Construction

Re: T shirt ideas -

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 8:08:00 -0500
Subject: Re: T shirt ideas -

I always liked: "Helm: Full Thrust!" that has been used in our gaming
group
at GenCon and PentaCon for years as an event title for a basic FT game.
think Jeff Gullion was the first to use it.  Jeff organized the events
at
GenCon for quite a while and still helps.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 11/22/99 07:29PM >>>
On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Channing Faunce wrote:

> Or perhaps:
> "Damn! Pulse Torpedoes. Full Thrust now!"

Maybe, but that's getting away from the original ACW line of "Damn the
torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" (Capt. (Adm.?) Farragut, USN, during the
Battle of Mobile Bay, AFAIK). (I do know that the 'torpedoes' he was
referring to were actually moored naval mines, which were referred to as
torpedoes until the locomotive torpedo (self-propelled) came along 15-20
years later...naval trivia for the day...)

I think "Damn the pulse torps! Full thrust!" is the best version,
personally. Most historically-minded wargamers will get the joke, and
it's
a good slogan besides...

Brian
http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html