Prev: ship lists (rosters) Next: SG2: TO+E / OrBat Web Site now up

Re: [ft] fleet roster sizes

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 21:40:26 +0000
Subject: Re: [ft] fleet roster sizes

>***
>>Tom:
>>Sorry, don't have the book handy, but doesn't the FB have number in
>>service, as well as built, lost, scrapped, etc.?
>
>Yes, but only for the specific ship classes we detailed in the book.
There
>may be 32 Majestics in NACRN service as of 2183, but there are probably
>half a dozen other types of older and newer Battlecruisers still in
active
>service......
>
>Jon (GZG)
>***
>
>*ahem* I knew that, really I did. ;->=
>
>I guess in my defense, my impression is that the FB classes are the
main
>bulk of the fleets. Most of the 'fluff' mentions other classes as
remnants
>and replacements just coming on board.
>
>However, I must say the numbers of just the designed ships, at least to
>me, suggest an industrial production and sheer manpower presence in
space
>that boggles MY imagination!

Don't forget that the "official" FT ships are actually not that big - no
million-ton-dreadnoughts..... they also have relatively small crews
(compared, say, with Weber's Honor Harrington novels' background - ships
massing multi-million tons with crews of thousands each, and they STILL
lose them by the bucketload in every battle... <grin>)

Jon (GZG)