Prev: GZG molds in the US Next: Re: UNSC SDN-X Names

Re: PenAid SMs

From: ODUPSHAW3@c...
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 23:26:16 EST
Subject: Re: PenAid SMs

I know I was not clear on this, but I envisioned my version of one
missile in
the salvo being a jammer like this.

If the salvo is on target you roll a die for how many missiles are on
target.
 If you roll a six you roll again until you roll a 1-5, this roll is how
many
missiles are on target.  The missiles that are on target are then
protected
by the jammer, which is assumed to have better seakers or more drive
whatever
it takes such that if any missiles in the salvo are on target it will be
able
to get in position to protect them.  The protection is as stated rolls
of
four are treated as a miss by the PDS.	If your PDS rolls a six and then
four you only get 2 kills on the inbounds not 3.

Oliver Dewey Upshaw III
odupshaw3@hotmail.com
odupshaw3@cs.com

"Ms. Wolversham, you are authorized to return fire!"
David Weber   The Short Victorious War

In a message dated 11/8/99 2:28:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com writes:

<<
 The second one had one missile in each SM salvo carry a PenAid pack
 (which only aids the missiles in its own salvo). Its efficiency varies
 a bit depending on how you determine the number of armed missiles on
 target, but it sounded as if the consensus was that the salvo hits with
 1D6-1 missiles. This breaks even if the target defends against the
 salvo with 3 PDS; if more, it gets better than a normal SM salvo, if
 less it gets worse (but then the target tends to be in trouble anyway).
 I *think* it would be OK at the standard SM cost, but it may need a
 slight cost increase (to 4x or 5x Mass of the salvo).

 Later,

 Oerjan Ohlson
 oerjan.ohlson@telia.com >>

Prev: GZG molds in the US Next: Re: UNSC SDN-X Names