Prev: Re: New guy (inertialess) Next: Re: anti fighter missiles

Re: LRDFC and PDS modes (was: Re: anti fighter missiles)

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 22:08:35 -0500
Subject: Re: LRDFC and PDS modes (was: Re: anti fighter missiles)

>Long Range Defense FireCon (LRDFC) -  Cost/Mass as ADFC. Allows
higher level
>batteries to be used in anti-missile/anti-fighter roles the same way
as
>Class 1 batts can. Each size battery larger than class 1 requires a
normal
>firecon in addition to the LRDFC to be used in this mode (class 2
batts
>require LRDFC + 1 firecon, class 3 require LRDFC + 2 firecons.

How about "each individual weapon requires 1 firecon"?	I can't see
why a Beam3 would require 2 FC.

(snip)

>Other weapon types

ie PTorps?  Needles?  I can see needles, but not torps.

>can be used in anti-fighter/missile mode if an extra
>firecon is dedicated to them. Range bands are halved and damage dice
are the
>same as above.

>Other anti-fighter adaptations:
>Scenario specific PDS reprogramming. Assume PDS can be set 3
different ways
>between scenarios.

A good idea but a) wouldn't you usually know what types of threat
you'll usually face? b) wouldn't the PDS programming automatically
take threat type into account?	Remember, this is a couple hundred
years in the future, even if we're mapping it from a WW2 paradigm.

Prev: Re: New guy (inertialess) Next: Re: anti fighter missiles